We greatly appreciate the time you are offering to volunteer for our parish. With God’s guidance and grace, for over a decade the Archdiocese of Philadelphia has put in place policies and procedures to protect the children in our care, many of which exceed those required by law. On December 31, 2014, 23 pieces of legislation were enacted that impact the way we prevent and report child abuse. As a result, all volunteers that work with children in the state of Pennsylvania are required fulfill the following obligations:
- PA Criminal Record Checks ~ every 5 years
- PA Department of Public Welfare Child Abuse Clearance Check ~ every 5 years
- Federal Criminal History Fingerprint Clearance ~ every 5 years ONLY if you have lived outside of Pennsylvania within the past 10 years.
To complete your clearances you may go http://childyouthprotection.org/, then select Staff & Volunteers, then select Checks & Clearances.
In addition to the items required by the state of Pennsylvania, our volunteers are to complete the following:
- Safe Environment Training
- Technology Addendum ~ included in safe environment after July 1, 2011
- Mandated Reporter Training ~ if you are with children at least once a week
- Signed Mandated Reporter Acknowledgement Form
- Signed Disclosure Statement Application For Volunteers
To complete your training go to http://childyouthprotection.org/, then select Staff & Volunteers, then select Required Training.